Oct 27, 2009

Apples and Peppers oh my!

Last Saturday I went to the last Farmer's Market of the season here in West Bend, WI. I was a little sad, I do love the Market here. I picked up 20lbs of Macintosh apples, 15 green and pale yellow Bell peppers, 2 dozen Cherry Bomb peppers, a couple of heads of fresh garlic and some baby carrots.

I started chopping the Bell peppers this morning. Some I will dehydrate and some I will freeze for cooking with this winter. I have a ton of JalapeƱos in the freezer I plan to make jelly with, so some of the Bells will go in with that.

Plans for the apples:
Apple sauce
Cinnamon Apples for canning
Peeling & slicing for the freezer
Dehydrating (drying) Apple chips for snacking


I'm a little under the weather today, but these all need to be done before they ruin so I'm working on them a little at a time to get them finished.

Have a good week everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment