Nov 9, 2009

Settling in and getting back in the groove :)





Well I am trying to get settled in to a new life here in northern Arkansas, it's taking a bit of a toll on me, really missing my ex-significant other allot. I'm working on getting back into the groove of things so Ive started working on new moss garden terrariums and small, personal succulent gardens. Ive come across a fantastic supplier here locally for my succulents and they are gorgeous, let me tell you. There are the best looking succulents Ive seen in a long time. I was to the point I was going to start ordering in bulk for clippings from succulent growers but I think I will hold off a bit now that I have a local supply. :)

I'm still sorting through and editing the numerous pictures I took around the area the other day. This may take a while. lol I found so many interesting places, I cant wait for Spring to get here already now so I can go out and find more cool new places around here. Its starting to cool off a bit and the daytime temps are dropping here now. I really hate daylight savings time - the days seem to short now. It usually puts me in a bit of a funk for a while. Maybe I can nip that in the bud by trying to stay busy cranking out moss terrariums and succulent containers. :)

I love shopping the thrift stores for vintage and out of the ordinary containers to put the succulents and moss gardens in. Everything I see I am constantly thinking of ways to upcycle and which plants will look good in it. lol This is thrift store mecca here in Harrison, AR and I have not even broken the surface checking them all out yet! I think I visited 5-6 in one day last week.

I am a little disappointed that Harrison doesnt have a city wide recycling pick up with the trash service. :/ This is a decent sized town here, and I would have thought they would have been on board with this already. May have to check into that.

Ta Ta for now....hope everyone has a fabulous week. Don't forget Wednesday, November 11th is Veterans Day! Be sure to thanks your Vets for what they have done and members of the Armed Forces for doing what they do for all of us. I am a PROUD Army Mom! HOOAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment